Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas eve is here. Hard to believe. I have spent the day with my sweet husband doing things that may not seem Christmasy. We have had a lovely day doing laundry in our new home. Loads of the stuff. Then we watched a movie and ate roasted garlic n cream cheese on crackers. Hubby made it for us-mmmmmm :) Vampires of Forks beware. r
Our little tree as we did not have time to put up our great big one...


Sweet little couple ornament from Hubby's parents last year
'

My fave ornaments are these cupcake ornamnets from Home Sense a couple of years ago


We have yet to wrap our gifts for tomorrow...no worries. Hakuna Matata! Can't wait to see my little rays of sunshine tomorrow! All 4 of them YAY! If you don't already know, I adore my three nieces and only nephew. Each of them is so unique. In a word: AFREAKINGDORABLE. I plan on doing a blog entry for each of them in the near future.

We hosted a little soiree on the 22nd for my Nursing school friends and their families. It was a potluck not to be soon forgotten. Everyone needs a good party story. Diaper changes and white mats do not work well with each other. That's all I am saying.

Thought I would post a few updated House pictures to document the progress we have been making. ope you can get a sense of what we are trying to do! Please ask away if you have any questions or advice!
Our plan is tp paint these white...what do you think? This is taken before the slate back splash was installed...


Look at the 3 layers of lino! So many hours spent scraping!


Looks like no pedestal for me :( This plumbing is nuts!


This is our fireplace. Please someone tell me how to improve this to a more Shabby Chic look!?
I am at a total loss...


My adorable hubby patching the wall up...

On another note: TLC is rolling right along! Orders are pouring in. Thanks to those of you who have placed orders and for your terrific comments! We love you!
Happy Holidays from Mrs & Mr Cupcake! Have a safe and happy holiday season!
xoxo

1 comments:

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog December 29, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Hmm, I'm liking your cabinets painted! Have you thougt of using a color instead of white~ maybe a light green or gray?

For the fireplace, I think you can easily Shabbify it by painting it white and adding decor around the mantel :).

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)