Thursday, January 7, 2010

Shades of White and my home. As you know, I have been focused on the white-shabby chic look for our new home. Much debate has ensued over the Ektorp sofa and after much debate...I came to the conclusion it is not quite strong enough for us. I compared the Pottery Barn version and it is BEAUTIFUL but way over our budget. So any great ideas on a sofa similar in style to these two beauts please let me know. It may also not be stark white as I had so hoped. May end up being 'natural' or 'cream'.

Sears has a contender: the Brentwood. What do you think?


Pottery Barn Version:



So that is the big purchase on our minds. What say you? Might I add the PB is near 3x the cost!

Wall painting will continue as I am at work this evening. Its so funny to come home to work around the house being done. It's like little elves were here working away...getting the job done!
The trim is taking a while, but my stars what a difference.
Our tile will be finished this weekend as well in both the powder room and laundry as well as the back splash! The grout we picked was Alabaster-so pretty. So the condition that it be completed this weekend is (at my BIL's request) toasted bacon and tomato sandwiches. Done and doner.
I will take pics and post those soon! After that is complete we can paint the walls, change the light fixture and put in a new vanity and toilet! Oh how lovely it will be to have it completed!

TLC is busy with a custom cake order! A beautiful wine bottle theme cake. Pictures soon to come! In the mean time, enjoy these!






Have a wonderful day!
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)