Saturday, April 17, 2010

***Happy Dance***

Yesterday I spent the day with Rocketgirl browsing around and purchasing from some of our favorite shops around town. Our day started with a visit to a lovely garden shop where RG gave me a few mini lessons on gardening. Namely, how to plant one of my favorite flowers (Hydrangeas) in a urn. I know what you are thinking...how hard is that? But I have never done that or anything resembling gardening or landscaping before. I have a lot to learn if I want to beautiful my yard with gardens. Next we went to a big box store to compare the garden centers to the beautiful nursery...truly no comparison.

We had to stop in at Home Sense (Canada's Home Goods equivalent). I found some beautiful items there: a lovely robins egg blue vase shaped like a tree truck complete with birds that you can arrange blooms in. After trailing a lady for a while hoping she put back a much coveted item, we were victorious and left for our next destination. Roses and Rutabagas-quite possibly my own personal heaven. So many pretty home decor items to get there, but I have to get a little further on in my decor of the house to decide on a few items.

Lastly, we drove over to 'our' (we have a stake in that place don't we?) thrift store to take a peek at potential treasures. Yes, I had a few items I was scoping for. Mainly I was looking for a desk for the guest bed/sewing/craft room. I am happy to say, after a few months of looking I have found her. She doesn't look like much now-but I assure you, she will be a looker. In distressed white. Lovely. Here she is in not so much all of her glory:

Sorry about the blurry iPhone pics...I love the table top edge...



Look at this hardware! I will likely use some crystal pulls or knobs. Maybe in a light blue? If not the default clear...



Now once again, all I need is a fairly warm wind free day sans rain and I will tackle her! Can't wait! I promise an update!

9 comments:

Dawn April 17, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

we did indeed have a great shopping day yesterday. so much fun. i promise you will be a gardening pro sooner than you think! i do love "our" store...you're lucky i like you or i would have tonya harding'd you right in the knees & took that table for myself! xoxoxoxo

Dawn April 17, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

ps. those pics really don't do that table justice! (so, i could take it off your hands if you don't want it? ok? perfect.)

Randi April 17, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

I hate I miss out on your shopping days! we must work the same rotations!!! who do we talk to about that

Rosie April 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Hey girlfriend,
hope your having a relaxing weekend...I do have a bit of disturbing news...YOUR IT!
...you've just been tagged...pop over to my site for details...smile on Rosie

P.S.I will be back to read this interesting little tid bit after I have finished "agent orange's" mission !

Rosie April 18, 2010 at 12:01 AM  

OK, that is the PERFECT sewing table for you...love, love, love it! I adore thrift store shopping...but alas, there is no time these days. So, I shall CHEER you ladies on from the sidelines...smile on Rosie

Rosie April 19, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

How is that table working out ...will you paint it or will it be "o'natural"...looking forward to your next post...Rosie

P.S. One of the "girls" arrived TODAY... I feel like I'm talking in code???{ especially after the "agent orange" craziness...such fun}...you are the FIRST to know...should be on the floor by the end of the week...come for show and tell.

Rosie April 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Hey Becky, as luck would have it, I work Thursday and Saturday...if perhaps your "cruis'in the hood", I would LOVE to meet you and Dawn.

Hope you like "ROSIE"...the candle,as she is the first to arrive.

Can't wait to see the transformation on the desk...YIPPEE...so much fun!

Sara's Sweet Surprise April 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

Hello Becky~I've just strolled in for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek around. Your blog is so beautifully inviting.We share similar tastes for so many of the same creative design elements.

It's wonderful how inspiring blog friends as yourself can be, that's why I love returning the gesture, by sharing cooking or DIY ideas too.

I've bookmarked you in my favs.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. Your company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Rosie April 22, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

looking forward to a visit...maybe Saturday?...smile on... Rosie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)