Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bon Appetite!

Just for the record. I am a baker. I bake. Quite well.

Exhibit (A)



What I do not claim to be is a cook. Mr. Cupcake is the chef of the house. He is quite good too. I am grateful for his skillz. Yo. So Mr. C and I were watching TV one night and we were captivated by old reruns of Julia Child's cooking show. We were instantly in love with her. One of the best episodes is where she is teaching all about all the different chicken sizes and their uses. Just great. I really wanted to get her book, you know the one. The one used in the adorable movie Julie and Julia. I love that movie! It really disillusioned me into thinking I could follow her recipes too! Well the adorable Rocketgirl herself gifted me the book! It is so cute! So, thank you RG for the wonderful treat! But it scares me beyond the cover.



Thank you so much for this RG! I will need some prayer...from a lot of folks for my cooking adventures to come...


7 comments:

Rosie May 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

OH MY WORD...that is a CrAzY looking Julia...I think she would have been a very entertaining friend...the one who says things, and has no idea, why everyone is in stitches {hmm...I don't mean because of the butcher knife...}
I love your book. If you find any fab recipes, do shoot them this way...Bon appetite!...Rosie
P.S. I shall dream of that cake for many nights to come...Ahhhh...scrumpdillyious!

Dawn May 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

very nice post! her knife scares me!

myletterstoemily May 30, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

what a gorgeous cake!!!

so happy you found the book
of your dreams.

Unknown May 30, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

ohhhh what a wonderful cake, well done Miss C another beautiful masterpiece !

Rosie May 31, 2010 at 3:09 AM  

Ahh hello my dear,
No, not in before Thursday, Why? Whats up??? You can call the store tomorrow and ask Shelley to give you my home #. Am really hoping I don't have to go into Van. tomorrow, as I have a pile of painting to do...call me if you like...Love C

Rosie May 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

Well...the french twins are now creamy white...and can be crossed off the "to do" list. When I purchased these sweet end tables I just assumed they were a flimsy repro, as I bought them site unseen{just an email}...sent my son and his buddy to pick up the estate,hoping it was good stuff.{these were just extras I picked up, so really didn't matter} Well, the ladies are quite lovely, and their cousin{a french provincial coffee Table} is having a make over tomorrow.
Hey I am considering doing a Black and White Tuesday post,for all to join into...I'll do it tomorrow, and if you would like to play, please do...well must wash off the paint as we are heading out for supper.
Have you tried any recipes...keep me posted...love Rosie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)