Sunday, May 2, 2010

My happiness makers....

My nieces (blessed with three!) and my one and only nephew. My oldest niece was born when I was in grade 12. I remember sitting in my Geography class anxiously awaiting her arrival...I knew my sister was in labor, so my Mom agreed to call me when it happened. She called the school and asked to be put through to Mr H's class as he knew what was going on. When the phone rang...he answered and told me to get the heck outta the classroom and get to the hospital! Sunny was born :) My first angel. I have some very fond memories of her as a baby. One in particular was when I came back from the UK after being there for a month. She was 3 months old when I came back and I can totally picture her beautiful dark eyes peering at me, blinking from under the snuggle wrap. I was so smitten with her, still am to this very day...I remember when Sierra was born. I was there for that one. She was so adorable, always smiling and Sunny was in love with her little sister. I loved babysitting her-she was so fun to take care of!!! A couple years later, our little Ginger-baby was born. And she would have my middle name as hers :) She is such a bright light...loads of laughs. Me and Mr Cupcake (uncle cupcake) love to have the 2 youngest angels for sleepovers. Thank God they still think we are super cool. I had (ok, have) a very difficult time with Sunny 'not needing me' and hearing 'auntie has to realize I am not her little girl anymore' (I died a little that day). Hopefully she will think I am super cool again one day and want to hang out LOTS with me. Her auntie. Who is cool. At long last a little boy would brighten our world. Jacob is our latest blessing...a boy! He loves Buzz Lightyear and I think that is super cool. He is the spitting image of my sister as a baby...so much alike. And lemme tell you, she was THE CUTEST baby. EVER. He is our busy lil man...such a cutie. Affectionate and well, doesnt stand a chance with pretty much all girls around him all the time. Love my liitle tyke. He can run fastest. My 'power quad' is my world. A bad day is banished by hearing their precious voices. They are my cure all.

5 comments:

Rosie May 3, 2010 at 12:20 AM  

HEY THERE SWEETIE,what are you doing up?

Rosie May 3, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

thanks...
on my way to bed now...just getting ready for tomorrow...market day...haven't read your post but it's first on the list...sweet dreams...wishing you a marvelous monday...love rosie

Rosie May 3, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

oOK...just couldn't wait till morning...so glad I didn't...you are so right...their is a special crown that only auntie can wear... you will always be "cool"...some kids need their independents sooner{ my darling daughter 21} moved out two weeks after grad, and has been flying solo ever since. We have a very close relationship... NOW...and some never go through that "to cool for a hug" stage{ my son} he is 23 and has always felt comfortable giving a hug. It has got him out of trouble way too many times.

As the auntie, you will always hold a special place in their heart...

NOW...sweet dreams...love C

Rosie May 4, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Hey girlfriend...That is definitely a date!...look forward to a visit...love Rosie

Rosie May 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Hey sweet one, thanks for joining my "followers" on the sidebar...it really felt quite naked...thanks

oh by the way...might as well put "Leave your comment Rosie"...as there are a lot of chandeliers hang'in on this page...sorry for monopolizing your lovely site.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)