Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Pretties

Another traditional work week past, Friday brings fun and games. Over at I Love Pretty Little Things with Joyce, we all get together and share Pretty things on Fridays! Thanks Joyce for being such a lovely hostess!

This weeks's Pretty is a bit of a retro nod if you will. As you all know by now, I am an avid Mad Men fan...as is Mr Cupcake. In the 60's not only was it ok, it was almost expected that the men (and sometimes women!) would share a drink behind closed (to discuss business of course) doors in offices everywhere...during work hours! I find this hilarious! Mr Cupcake loved the low ball glasses one of the main characters has in his office - The ever dapper Don Draper.

I searched for a good few months to come up with exact vintage barware for my Mr Draper err...Mr Cupcake. They needed to be 'roly poly glasses' and have the perfect silver rim around the edge. It took some searching, but here is what I finally found! Check Jens pretties out here: Jen's Closet...My favorite ETSY shop ever! (actually she has 3!!!) I love them all...esp the Milk Glass!






They would make Mr Draper proud. Cheers!

My dear friend Buckshee gifted me & Mr C these lovely glasses below as she know we loved the style and look...they are a bit different but just as fabulous! And the caddy the low ball glasses sit in is tres chic.







Are't they pretty? So shiny and sparkly! Thanks to my dear friend for this gift!

Now it's Friday and the sunshine is shinin...go enjoy the rest of this glorious day!

Cheers and Love

5 comments:

birdie blue June 18, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

love the vintage barware. when we cleaned out my grandparents' house they had a huge built in bar hidden 'behind a bookcase'. i wish i had know to save all the monogrammed vintage cocktail goodness. we donated it all! i was in college and didn't know any better.

have the loveliest of weekends!
molly

koralee June 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Oooh la la ...I adore these glasses today..so fitting for Friday Pretties. Have a great weekend...the sun is shinning. xoxoo

Stacy June 19, 2010 at 3:15 AM  

those milk glasses are pretty darn schweeeeet :)

xStace

I Love Pretty Little Things June 21, 2010 at 4:28 AM  

They are very pretty- and very Cool! Sort of James Bond-ish! How nice of you to go an a search for them for Mr. Cupcake!

Thanks again for playing Friday Pretties and for mentioning me. :)
Have a wonderul week!!!
Joyce

Vintage Home June 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

....oh yeah!...cocktail hour !...great glasses!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)