Sunday, July 11, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Ahhhhh we are home. As much as I love holidays, I love coming home. Soooooo comfortable. We were gone for 10 days and it was so relaxing. I thought I would share a few pics from my vaycay I captured on my lil iPhone.

When we arrive last Friday in Oliver we got our room and headed down to the RV sites to meet up with my family. It was at a perfect spot as all of us were just steps away from each other. Mr. Cupcake and I were greeted outside our hotel room by this little gent:



for those of you who know me I am pretty much terrified by moths...I was frozen so Mr C took this pic!!

My Dad's parents had a massive willow tree in their backyard when I was growing up. They have both passed away and were TERRIBLY missed at our family reunion. I was so comforted by this LARGE willow tree we gathered under for most of our weekend. It was as though they were both there with us. The huge tree hanging around hugging us all with its long willowy branches. At one moment I became a bit tearful and smiled to myself, Grandma and Grandpa "in the blue house" were with us all.



One of the days we were at Lolas house her and her wonderful hubby made us Fish Tacos. Mr C and I had never had them before. Well lemme tell ya, they are delish! So good! I helped Lola make homemade tartar sauce, guacamole and salsa! Sooo fresh and yummo!
PSA: if you have not had a fish taco before....try them!



Well that is just a few snippits from the wonderful relaxing vaycay...So glad to be back in touch with you all...Hope you have a wonderful fantastic week!

Heaps of Love,

3 comments:

Rosie July 11, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

Oh my dear girl, so good to have you home again. Sounds like you got some well deserved rest...when you are all unpacked I would love to go for tea, to hear of your adventure...sweet dreams...Rosie

Maria July 12, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

Hi!
So glad you had a relaxing time! Willow trees always look magical to me {lots of tiny leaves in the fall, but so very graceful} Fish tacos sound great... probably have wonderful seasonings!
We'll all look forward to hearing more about your vacation!
...back to my summer cleaning...
~Maria

koralee July 12, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

No way....you were in Oliver!!!!! I grew up in Oliver and my parents still live there..off to visit next week.
Where did you stay..it is such a wee little town.
I want to hear more about your stay!!!
xoxoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)