Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fresh White Bedside Tables

I have been wishing and dreaming for dreamy whites in our master bedroom for quite some time now. I had to 'work on" Mr. Cupcake and get him used to the idea for months...even years! The bedroom set we bought together in 1999 at the time was my style. Cinnamon colored knotty pine-yeah ouch. Fast forward to 2010 and into our first purchased home together and YAY! I finally have beautiful re-purposed bedside tables!

Here is the knotty table before primer & paint:


A light sand, one coat of KILZ all over-two on top and drawer fronts to ward of knotty bits ;)


Ahhhh, lovely soft white dreamy beachy goodness! We LOVE them!


I was far to excited to take the time to style them! I will however, repaint the dresser and dress the room for a big reveal soon. I am going for a beachy chic look in the room. Much to do before that...so stay tuned my lovelies! Funny, our home has a cottagey look to it by design and it really is evolving into a little beachy cottage in the city! Who knew?!

Have a breezy easy summer day! Love,

8 comments:

birdie blue August 13, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

they look so sweet! what a transformation! i can't wait to see the rest of the room.

have a lovely weekend
~molly

myletterstoemily August 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

how dreamy! may your dreams be
filled with sweet images each night!

koralee August 13, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

Love it! I have painted every piece of pine furniture in my home white...and some black..ok some even robin egg blue..I will be in trouble once I want to change my decor but for now I am happy. Paint is cheap!

Have a great weekend...I think it is going to be a hot one!
xoxoxo

Lara August 13, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Ooo! These are fantastic! I really need a good white nightstand too.

Jessica August 13, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

I really like it! Great job. How did the sprayer work out?!?

Jessica

Vintage Home August 15, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

...wow ...great job on the painting!...what a diff!

Rebecca August 22, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

Looks like your putting your amazing new toy to good use!!! They look fabulous!!! I love the cup handles on them too! I have been using my compressor more for nailing baseboard lately than painting but I'm dying to get back at it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)