Wednesday, August 4, 2010

shorty's back and sneak peek

Hey all! I am finally with an internet connection in my home again! That was a long long time (well it sure felt like it!) Lots has been going on in the Cupcakes world good and bad. But I will keep with the good and share that. Mr C and I bought a standard box store butcher block table for a void of a space in our kitchen a while back. I finally got to taking in out and we built it last night (ugh...difficult! Blisters and all to prove it) So I had the fun part and got to do the painting today!
Here is a before outta the box pic



I primed her will KILZ (what else?!) and gave her a light sanding to make it smooth as a baby's bum. He she is dressed in her play clothes (aka primer)



I have her in one coat of white paint (a petticoat if you will) and I am letting her dry in this heat before a second coat (her dress coat). I will take pics of her when she is all done as I will still need to let her cure and secure the butcher clock top on. We are going to just use the butcher block oil on it and keep it au naturale. We are putting open shelving above it on the wall beside our fridge. Sounds fun and I cant wait!

I have 2 inspiration pics I adore:


photo: this old house


photo: jen johner blog

Now you all know I would love her to be turquoise but she will start out white...and who knows!
Do any of you have these little tables? Any ideas for this plan? What do you store on your BB table??

Huggs,

4 comments:

Rebecca August 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

OOOoooooooh I can't wait to see this! Are you going to put wheels on the bottom so it's moveable? I so wish I had room in our kitchen for one!

Jessica August 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

I LOVE butcher blocks! I totally wish I had room in my tiny kitchen for one. I don't know how much cutting I would actually do...I have to admit I don't cook that much! I can't wait to see the final product :)

Jessica

Rosie August 6, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

Oh, this my dear is sooo stylish...We had a butchers block in our old house and it was the BEST thing ever...is it on casters? If not, maybe a retro, locking set so you can move this lovely lady through out house where ever she is needed...thanks so much for popping into my home away from home...so sorry I missed you...glad your back in blogland again...smilin' BIG...Rosie

Paige August 20, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

i LOVE the change to the blue! Its beautiful!!

-paige
http://20somethingshopaholic.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)