Monday, August 16, 2010

Vintage fabric pillow cover

Feeling crafty last night, I was inspired by a generous gift of vintage fabrics from a dear friend. I needed some throw pillows and thought I would attempt to make some 'envelope' style covers for my bare naked pillow forms. I must say I am pretty pleased with how they turned out! It was quite simple to make and looks fantastic! What do you think??





Turned out pretty good hey? Have you ever made one? Do you have any DIY home decor triumphs? If you would like details on how I made this lemme know and I will cook something up!

I also went thrifting and found some excellent pieces!



I saw this and was ecstatic about it's potential! I have seen similar sideboards for HUGE COIN! My coin? Ten smackers! Even Mr C likes this piece!



See the little stool my Charlie is perched on?? Four dollars and loads of potential. Charlie has claimed this so I guess I will recover this for him! He love it!
Stay tuned for pics of the above unfinished yet to be fabulous finds! So many projects...So little time! How fun!

10 comments:

Becky August 16, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Thanks Sara!! Isnt he tho? We adopted him from the SPCA last month! We LOVE him!!

Maria August 17, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

Love your pillow! Brings on a smile :)

Cats just KNOW the coziest places in the house!

Love finding great and thrifty treasures!
*Maria

Vintage Home August 17, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

...LOve the fabric cushion!...fun projects to do!...Thanks for dropping by!...post some of your collection !

Rosie August 17, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

Well, don't you just look way too cute in that "délicieux chapeau peu de soleil"...Quite Snazzy!
OH...MY HEART IS SINGING...that cushion is amazing...{huge toothy grin}...well done.
I will be decorating all day Sunday as well...so pop by and help then if that works any better...
...........love R............

I Love Pretty Little Things August 19, 2010 at 6:03 AM  

Ooooooh!!! Such wonderful finds! I cannot believe the deals. Very Good! :) And, the pillows...I am green with envy. Beautiful!

Enjoy your weekend,
Joyce

Rebecca August 22, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Those did turn out great!!! I would love love love if you did a DIY post on these! Since I'm sewing challenged I would especially love to see how you did it!

Rosie August 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

HAPPY TUESDAY DEAR ONE!!!
sending you a smile...xoxo Rosie

Rebecca September 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

Becky I have no idea why I only saw your comment today about the 18x18 pillow forms....but yes I actually have 2 of them! I have ALWAYS wanted to do a project like this! I am so excited that you're going to post on this! I saw you found Jess on facebook!!! I'm going to send you a friend request!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)