Sunday, November 28, 2010

Antique Headboard

A lovely co-worker knew I was searching for a headboard for our guest bedroom and asked the other day if I had any luck. I told her about the lady on CL who sold a beauty I wanted the day I was going to get it :( and that I was sad. She said, "Don't be sad, I have an antique headboard and footboard you can have!" I was floored. She loves the same decor I do, so I knew she would know what I would love! Her and her sweet hubby brought it over while I was at work. And here it is! I am likely painting it white...Of course. It is darker oak than appears in the photos...





Isn't it pretty? I am actually hesitant to paint it, but I think I have to to make it go well in the room. What should I put abouve the headboard??? Mirror? Pictures? Hmmm, a little secret is: I haven't hung ONE picture up or mirror for that matter anywhere in my house. Why? Scared? What if I hate it and I have to fill the hole and well, you get the idea. How lame. Anyone else have this issue and any idea how I can just go for it?


Happy Sunday to you all...

7 comments:

Jenn November 28, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Wow! Can't beat that! Looks like your guest room is coming together nicely. For hanging pictures, use the command strips - they are fabulous. Easy to put up with no levelling and they leave no marks on the wall when they are removed. I use them all the time! They are a little pricey up here but soooo cheap in the States.

Becky November 28, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

Awesome Jenn Thanks! I will get some and give em a try! Hmmm Target trip in the future!! LOL!

Rosie November 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Oh dear one that is one VERY cute bed...and Yes, I think she has to be dressed in white.

Be courageous...Invite a friend over {Dawn} and have her hold up the wall adornment for you to see...If you mess up, you can ALWAYS fill it. it will make you SMILE when your rooms are complete.

I have a cookie bake on the 6th and THEN I am free for tea...how about you?

........xoxxo...Rosie.....

Rosie November 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

You name the day, and I am there...after the 6th.(Just not Saturday, as I am in the shop)
CAN'T WAIT! xoxoxo Rosie

kendall k. November 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

A mirror would look great! and I love your blue dresser.

Great blog!!

Unknown December 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

Becky what lovely room !

I personally would put up a picture unless of course the window is facing the bed as you would get good light reflection into the room if you was to put a mirror their.

love the headboard

kae x

Rosie December 6, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Okie Dokie...dear one
the calendar is OPEN...and I am READY for a spot of tea and some good old fashioned girl talk...can you fit some in???....oxoxoxox...Rosie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)