Friday, December 31, 2010

Clean Slate

Here we are on the eve of a new year. I am immediately compelled to shout "HUH RAH! at last!" as 2010 was not a stellar year for The Cupcake family. Mr C and I both agree the best part of 2010 was adopting Charlie-which we are so thankful for and feel so fuzzy just thinking about him. This calls for a gratuitous fur baby pic:



Resolutions? Yeah, I have them...most people I know do. Mine are different this year than previous I think. Here is the Coles Notes version.

1) Organize Organize Organize!

  • Kitchen-food storage and pesky lower corner cupboards!
  • Bath-under sink in particular
  • Paperwork-started this already
  • Daily and Weekly chores/ shopping-this is a must! We are so mamby pamby.
2) Positivity in the workplace and at home
  • project positivity in the workplace (hard when you are dealing with 'doing more with less' mentality. Make it infectious.
  • Create my day with intent as I wake (I already try to do this-will try harder!!)
  • Decrease the cuss words...yeah, I cuss. At times, too much.
3) Green steps
  • Switch to 'Green' cleaners to protect the environment and our own health. Post soon to follow re: our new cleaners thus far!
  • Looking into rain barrels (Mr C is very interested in this!)
4) Healthy Lifestyle
  • I certainly feel off this wagon over the past year. I would love to blame it on the difficult losses we had this year, but I know I am in control of me. But I somehow forgot this. Back to Basics for me. Eating for energy and well being! MAYBE some exercise ;)
  • Cook more and meal planning. Mr C is on board with healthier fare too!
So that is the quick version. Boring I know, but I needed to type it out. It is written. Happy Happy 2011 to you all. May this be your BEST year yet!! Cheers!

Love and Light,
Mrs. Cupcake

7 comments:

Jenn January 1, 2011 at 1:23 AM  

Happy New Years!!!! Hope you have a better year this year...I'm sure it will be your year! Still waiting for our crafting date! xoxo

Maria January 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM  

Happy New year!
I love your list for the new year!
It's certainly perfect for me too!
Peace, Hope and Joy to you throughout the new year ... and always...
*Maria

Anonymous,  January 7, 2011 at 4:48 AM  

Happy New Years! I just found you - another Canadian blogger, eh? It's lovely here, I'm following!

Simple Daisy January 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Hope you had a very lovely New Year:)


ps...i'm having a give-away on my blog! Stop on over at my blog if you get the chance:)

Jessica January 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM  

I hope you had a great New Years! Your kitty is so adorable. I wish I wasn't deathly allergic :( Thank you so much for being such a great follower.

Xox

Libbie January 11, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

I was just at Rosie's & since I am having a cupcake contest your button totally grabbed my eye! I loved my visit! What a combo cupcakes & ruby slippers...does it get any better than that!

I should have made a list for myself of resolutions but being as pregnant as I am I just don't really feel like jumping on the exercise bandwagon :) I think I will May resolutions this year :) Thanks for sharing yours!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)