Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vestibule Mudroom Reno Part 1

What the world is a vestibule? Ok, call it a mudroom.
Vestibule: a passage, hall, or antechamber between the outer door and the interior parts of a house or building.

One of the things we loved about this house was the little mudroom (vestibule) from the front storm door leading to the real front door into the house. It is a cute little space (well it had potential and I could smell it)...it is 4 1/2' x 4 1/2'...so not a huge space by any means. Mr. C decided yesterday looked like a good day to start the demo process.

I have been looking at inspiration pictures for over a year and here are some of my favorites! I was a bad bad blogger and did not make the references way back when, so for that I am sorry. I give credit to whomever these belong to because they certainly are not my genius!








(pottery barn)

The top one is my favorite followed by the third image. I have so many great ideas swirling!



This screen doors days are numbered. We have a gift certificate to buy a new one!! Its all picked out! cannot wait! I need ideas and inspiration for a mailbox and a motion light of some sort. House number ideas as well...





All that is left now is the studs and insulate. Its an empty box! Let the rebuild begin!
Have a fantastic day and stay tuned for Part 2.

4 comments:

Jenn February 15, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

Oh, that room would be so much fun to work with. So many possibilities!! I love the coat rack in the third picture!

Val February 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM  

It's going to look amazing!!!

Maillardville Manor February 22, 2011 at 2:45 PM  

I LOVE MUDROOMS!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you do!
I loved all those pictures too they're fantastic!
Lots of Love Ashli

Rosie February 22, 2011 at 10:35 PM  

This is going to be one sweet "vestibule"...just can't call something that's going to be SO cute a "mud" room...even Charlie knows he has to wipe all those feet before he comes in...hugs...Rosie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)