Thursday, April 21, 2011

grey sky inspired side table?

Hello all my blogland family! Three cheers for the long weekend!! I love EASTER! Mostly, I love the colors and the springtime beauty :) That being said it has been rain, snow, hail, wind and a bit o sunshine the last few days! Blue skies in the forecast for tomorrow and Saturday though-thank goodness!

I am so excited about my latest CraigsList find! We have been looking for a sweet little round side table to sit beside one or both of our Louis chairs in the living room. I was on CL last night and what do I see? The perfect little solid wood table! I scooped it up without a second thought! Here is a little sneek peek!



She had a big gash down her face so I did some minor surgery and patched her up with wood filler! Can you see the deep cut through the filler?



She will get a sand and of course primer and paint! BUT!! I may try something I have never tried before! What do you think about a grey primer and the top coating with white? I am hoping the distressing of the piece will show the grey through and look worn and add a bit of texture. What say the people of Blogland?



Please let me know if you have done this technique before and if you have any advice. I cannot wait for the sun so I can finish this little lady! Hope you all have a fantastic Easter! Much love to you and yours!

7 comments:

Rosie April 23, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

First of all, Oh dear one, I miss you a ton. Tea, I need tea, SOON I promise. :)
Now onto this fabulous new addition to the "cupcake home"...CRAZY CUTE, and I'm swooning over gray dearest. You go girl! Have you got a big dinner planned? Lizzy is finishing up her finals and Ry is on a hunting trip so really HOPING for next weekend. Will work outside a little...as long as we don't get more snow...CRAZY!
Have a BLESSED Easter my dear friend, enjoying much laughter with family and friends...HUGS and KISSES...Rosie

Hallelujah, HE HAS RISEN!

Lettered Cottage April 25, 2011 at 7:13 PM  

Love your table, what a score! I would think that the grey primer would show through if lightly sanded. Sounds very cool! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

Maillardville Manor April 25, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

WOW Loving the table and the direction it's going in!!!!
We should definitely do a bloggy meet up soon! I would Love that! :)
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Hopechest Bride April 27, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

What a great find. I'm looking for something similar. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
By the way you have a blogger award waiting for you over at my blog!
Blessings

Swirls of Happy April 27, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Love the blog! Now following :)

swirlsofhappy.blogspot.com

Hopeless Chest April 27, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

I'm sure this'll look awesome once it's all finished.

Amy May 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

This table will look so cute when you are finished with it! Can't wait to see the final product.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)