Thursday, October 6, 2011

Simple Fall Wreath

Fall is here and the colors are beautiful on the trees don't you agree? I was inspired by the saturated color all around my neighborhood and decided to update my front door. I seem to be short on time as I get things ready for baby and still work full time. Hence the lack of posts. But I found an hour to do this simple project and I think it is quite sweet. I took a wee trip to Michael's the other day and bought 2 packs of faux leaves ($1.69 each) some ribbon and a letter "S" to complete this easy update.



I painted the "S" with coordinating craft paint and started to attach the leaves with hot glue.



I used a dark green satin ribbon to tie the "S" in the centre of the willow wreath (reused from my Spring wreath)



I think it turned out quite nice...simple and definitely says "fall" to me. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is this Monday...I will be spending my entire holiday weekend at work, but I am reminded how Thankful I am for my health each time I go to work with my sick patients.
Have you made a Fall Wreath? I would love to see them! How about a mantle? I have yet to attack that project...we will see!

I am linking up with Jenn over at Clean & Scentsible! Be sure to check out her FANTASTIC blog!

12 comments:

Jenn October 6, 2011 at 9:52 PM  

When did you do that??? It looks great! Thanks so much for linking up and the advice on the bathroom cabinets. Have a great weekend!
Jenn xoxo

Jenn October 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM  

Posted this on my facebook page in case you miss it!
Jenn xoxo

Barbara Matson October 12, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

Thanks for entering the giveaway Becky! When is the baby due? How exciting :)

Rosie October 17, 2011 at 12:05 AM  

YOU ARE WITH CHILD!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!
Oh Becky, this is truly wonderful news. When is the big day?
I am so out of the loop...Am finally on the mend. Gee, I am feeling so old. I just get over one ailment and another one takes it's place.
Have not had either the energy nor the time to blog, but thought I would stop in and say HI. Decorating the shop this Saturday, so am looking forward to checking this off the "to do" list.
Well again am overjoyed to hear your great news...H*U*G*S...Rosie

Morgan October 17, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Your wreath is adorable! Love the colors and the ribbon.

Maillardville Manor October 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM  

LOVE IT!!! Simple but smart!! Seriously in love with it!!
Lots of love
Ashli

Rosie October 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

TEA...Bring on the TEA!!! As soon as this crazy party is done, I say we drop in at Serendipity for a good girly chat. Please call me next week and we'll sneak away...XOXO...R

Rosie October 26, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

OK, one hurdle surpassed! The open house went off without a hitch...YAY!
Now, am off to mom's on the weekend, and then...put the kettle on sister, cause it is time for a cuppa!
Will call you when I get home...stay happy and well...hugs...Rosie

Simply LKJ November 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM  

Came over from Ashli's. Adorable wreath. Simple, yet perfect for fall. Congrats on the baby, how exciting for you both.

Rosie November 6, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

Another week gone...and STILL no time for tea! Next week??? Hope you are well...hugs...Rosie

Rosie November 10, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

Hey there girlfriend...Good Morning!
So sorry for not getting back to you sooner :(
YES...Tuesday the 15th will work, shall we say 10:00? You pick the place :)
Have a FINE day sweet girl...xoxo...C

liz @ bon temps beignet November 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

Hi Becky!

I've seen a ton of things done with letters... but this is definitely a first. It's gorgeous and super creative!

Congrats on the baby too! When is your due date? We're due the 18th but I have a feeling it will be sooner. Poor kid is running out of room!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)