Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nursery Beginnings...

One of the exciting things we get to do is our little man's nursery! I have been collecting inspiration pictures for quite some time. I always knew I wanted to paint the walls blue, but finding the perfect blue might have been a HUGE task. But guess what? It was quite simple!! I had numerous swatches of aqua/robin egg from over the past couple of years. The only place we hadn't looked was Benjamin Moore. We headed there on Sunday to take a look and found some very lovely blues. We narrowed it down to two different blues and Josh picked the winner. I am so glad we went with his pick! Its called Blue Seafoam. Hopefully this translates well on your screens:



We bought our crib, though it is not set up just yet. We have yet to get the mattress and bedding. The crib is the white JennyLind by DaVinci. It is by far my favorite crib design!



I have a vintage white dresser I refinished that I will reuse for a change table. Maybe change out the hardware? Uncertain to that just yet! I love what is on there already.

Remember this? It will be painted and put in baby's room to hold various baby needs :)

And of course some inspiration! I am not a theme lover for nurseries so I will likely take a bit from all my inspiration pictures.

Source: google.com via Becky on Pinterest







Hope this gives you a bit of an idea as to my little man's soon to be first bedroom! It's so fun planning and executing it. Now...to continue the execution...

xo,

6 comments:

Maillardville Manor November 16, 2011 at 2:05 AM  

LOVE IT all! I love that crib!! Can't wait to see the rest!!!
only 10 more weeks :D
Lots of Love
Ashli

Morgan November 16, 2011 at 5:38 AM  

Aw! Love that wall color. =) And the nursery inspiration is amazing.

Nurseskaalid November 16, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

Wow!Your son's nursery is going to look awesome.You are so talented and beautiful :)

Anonymous,  November 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

Cant wait to see it finished!

Rosie November 21, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

Oh Dear Girl...my cheeks hurt from
....S M I L I N G....WHAT A GREAT ULTRASOUND! I had no idea that babies open there mouth while in the womb...but why not?? What a great keepsake.
Oh this young man will have a perfect room.
Are you finish your last shift yet?
Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your special moment with me :)
....xoxox...R

Barbara Matson December 12, 2011 at 8:42 PM  

LOve the wall colour! I painted my daughter's end table in that color - fabulous colour. Have fun creating your nursery!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)