Saturday, December 31, 2011

Nursery Update Time!

It's that time again! Time for a brief update on our little man's nursery! Really though, all I can do is fill you in on a few details of the design elements as I am awaiting fabric and art. I will definitely add pictures as soon as possible! I am not really a theme-y person when I think of a designing a nursery. I have spent many nights on pinterest and other blogs ect searching for inspiration: mainly for fabrics to start to pull the room together. I am SO happy to say I have finally found THE fabric (and was quite surprised with what I loved!) It is just too sweet!



The fabric is called Zoology in Sea (Michael Miller) Too funny because I thought we would be accenting in green...well, looks like its more of a maize color! Adorable! I plan to make curtain panels and a crib skirt...Hope it comes FAST! Cos baby is coming FAST too!

A few months ago I was window shopping on Esty for nursery art for the walls. I came across this print and had saved it...re-discovered it today and ordered it to match closer to the colors of the fabric! You can also see it here at The Pink Puppy Paper Co on Etsy



I am not a huge fan of elephants or anything, just LOVE the saying and well...it is a nod to the fabric :) I have some other art planned...but I will save that for the reveal!

We (meaning my sweet hubby mostly) started the Cloffice today. I wanted to be able to paint the back of the closet something special, but time has not allowed me to do that so I will have to get creative when I set it up! Massive room chaos everywhere! I just keep telling myself 'we will get there, we will get there'

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL & safe New Year celebration tonight. We are staying in and working...CHEERS!

xoxo

12 comments:

raggygirlvintage December 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

That is the cutesy poster evah Becky!!! Enjoy new year's eve and all that the new year will bring you, especially your little man!
Tracey

Jenn December 31, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

That fabric is so stinkin' adorable and I LOVE the poster! Can't wait to see it all done!! I hope to see you soon! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Jenn xox

Morgan January 2, 2012 at 7:56 AM  

That is such a sweet saying! Such cute art. Happy New Year! =)

Special 'K' January 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM  

The nursery is going to look adorable. I have been looking around your special place. I loved the scan with the Christmas hat that was so cute. I will follow on my way out and hope you will come visit and do the same so as we can engage more throughout twenty twelve! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Sara @ Russet Street Reno January 9, 2012 at 6:15 PM  

Holy cow, I love that fabric and the print is just adorable. I have no idea what I'm doing with my little dude's room! Good thing I have until end of May...

Rosie January 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM  

Completely charming...I LOVE IT!
Oh you must be so excited! I need to be put on the "NEED TO KNOW" list!...please...either on my blog, or call the house, or leave a message at the shop...but some how I HAVE TO KNOW...can't wait dearest...HUGS R

Barbara Matson January 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM  

Love the fabric and the poster is fabulous! Happy decorating!

Lauren January 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

I stumbled across your blog when I was searching for michael miller zoology curtain panels!! I am planning on doing our nursery in the same fabric. I can't wait to hear and see what you have planned. please email me back if you want to swap ideas!! I am thinking the fabric for curtains maybe, and maybe the blanket, but dots for the bed skirt? Im not sure :)

Lauren January 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM  

I stumbled across your blog when I was searching for michael miller zoology curtain panels!! I am planning on doing our nursery in the same fabric. I can't wait to hear and see what you have planned. please email me back if you want to swap ideas!! I am thinking the fabric for curtains maybe, and maybe the blanket, but dots for the bed skirt? Im not sure :)

Becky January 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

@ Lauren: I cant seem to find a blog for you or an email address???

Thanks everyone! It is here and waiting to be ironed...I have no ironing board...9 yards of fabric to iron and no board...tricky tricky!

Lauren January 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

Whoops! Lp212121@gmail.com!! Just set the furniture up! So excited!

liz @ bon temps beignet January 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM  

Hi Honey! How are you feeling? Any BIG news to share??

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)