Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More than I can chew? Bathroom Plans

My hubbs claims I start too many projects at once.  I think that there is some validity in that statement.  OK, maybe a lot of it.  While I was cleaning our main bathroom, I decided I was going to pull off the old hardware from the cabinets. Aterall, I AM giving the bathroom a facelift.  A super friendly Budget Facelift thanks to my super maternity leave benefits (read: basically no money entering my bank account). 
Anyhow, I thought I would share what I am thinking I will do in there.  Pinterest has provided heaps of inspiration-

t
The wall color (already purchased) will be Sherwin Williams Sea Salt.  So excited about this color.  Looks close to this picture above in my bathroom.  I am also toying with the idea of board and batten...again...chewing way to fast? 

We are so lucky to have family that have a tile bussiness and they are more than generous. They are going to give us tile for the bathroom floor...as soon as something comes available (leftover from jobs usually!)...waiting on that.... 

As for what to do over the toilet...I am stuck.  shelves?  art?  a train rack? I am soooo up for suggestions!  Speaking of art, I did purchase a print I had been loving for a year! I heart Etsy!


Source: etsy.com via Becky on Pinterest


A simple clean waffle weave shower curtain like this:


Source: westelm.com via Becky on Pinterest


Another lovely deatail I am going to include is bath hooks instead of a towl bar.  I can just see AJ swinging on the bar in a few years...my lil monkey!  I like the numbers as well...we will see if I end up including those as well!







I think this DIY vintage window is adorable...hmmmmmmm.....

The old vanity will stay but get a fresh coat of white paint and new hardware. Does anyone have cabinet drawers that are SLANTED?  I will include a picture in my next bathroom post.  UGH! One last detail I think I will attempt to spruce up the old vanity will be to add some little 'feet' like this:




cabinet before shot (you might wanna turn away!)



There you have it.  A plan...I have started.  Hardware is removed, paint swatches on walls to test color, and spackle filling holes as I type.  Gimme some time, I'm gonna need it.  AJ just can't pick up a paint brush and help yet!  NAPTIMES it is! 

Hope you stick wih me, I know I am a slow blogger.  I am trying to get a new look happening here so stay tuned for that as well.  Hope you have a fantastic day!

Becky :)



2 comments:

Elaine - Visual Meringue July 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

This looks great! So fresh and fun. Can't wait to see it come together :)

designchic July 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM  

It's going to look amazing. I love the idea of hooks instead of towel bars!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)