Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Best Banana Bread Ever!

I have been making the most delish Banana Bread for years now and think it is high time I share my recipe.  I think this recipe is from a family member actually, but I adapted it to my taste slightly...


I found using frozen bananas thawed and one counter ripe (read: VERY RIPE) banana is the secret to my success!   Hope you give it a try and love it as much and my family, friends and collagues do!

Becky's Best Banana Bread

3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Mix mashed bananas and melted butter together in large bowl
Add in the sugar, vanilla and egg and give a stir til mixed
Add in baking soda and salt
Lastly add in flour and mix it all up!
If you love chocolate chips or walnuts add this too!  I do all variations :)
Grease loaf pans and pour in mixture
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Cool and enjoy!


Let me know if you try it or have any questions!  It makes a yummy hostess or thank you gift!

5 comments:

Jenn September 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

Love, love, love your blog design!!! It looks awesome! Now my question about the banana bread...is that package coming to my house? Need to see you soon!
P.S. You need to get rid of those captchas - I am on my third attempt to get those darn letters right! lol!
Fourth...

Becky September 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM  

oh those! I didnt think I had that darn thing!!

Nicole @WonkyW September 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM  

Yum! I Love banana bread - Love it! Yours looks so good :)

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. September 29, 2012 at 7:11 AM  

Looks so goooood. Hopefully gonna try to make some this weekend!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)